London London UK
* Rare opportunity to purchase a beautiful historic narrowboat
* Originally built in 1936 by Harland and Wolff in Woolwich, Cambourne is a historic Town Class “Large Woolwich” registered with the Historic Narrow Boat Club which has been converted into a liveaboard and is fully set up for continuous cruising.
* Length: 71ft / 21.64m. Beam: 6’10” / 2.08m. Tall headroom: 6’10” / 2.08m.
* This unique ex-workboat comprises (from bow to stern):
- Tug-style front deck.
- Delightful open plan dining, living and kitchen areas with large double sofa bed, dining table, antique cabinets and plenty of storage space.
- Bathroom with shower, sink, thetford cassette toilet and oak shelving.
- Double bedroom, large wardrobe, shelves and under-bed storage.
- Sizeable engine room which provides additional storage space.
- Trad-stern deck.
* Recently surveyed. Cambourne was craned at P&S Marine, Watford in October 2018 and surveyed by a certified and reputable surveyor. All recommendations by surveyor were carried out and a brand-new baseplate was fitted, giving the hull a long new lease of life and any potential purchaser peace of mind. New survey available to review and transferable by surveyor to the new owner.
* Recently blacked at P&S Marine with two coats of bitumen paint and new anodes added November 2018.
* Cambourne has undergone full internal re-decoration by her current owner in November 2018.
* Boat safety certificate valid until September 2019.
* Heating via a brand new Morso Squirrel stove (being installed December 2018) which runs on coal or wood with a gravity fed back boiler that heats up the radiators throughout the boat.
* Water is heated with a Morco D61E instant water heater serviced September 2018.
* Thetford cassette toilet with spare cassette.
* 12V electrics with charging points throughout. 12v LED lighting throughout.
* Benefits from large 500W solar set up (2 x panels, MPPT charge controller, bought new and fitted November 2016)
* 6 X Trojan T-105 deep-cycle leisure batteries in excellent condition, new 2017.
* Two cylinder Lister HR2 diesel engine, air-cooled. Approx. 32 horsepower. Regularly serviced and extremely reliable, in excellent condition. Makes the charming ‘pop-pop’ sound of a two-pot that has people craning their heads out of their hatches looking out for the coal boat. Electric start but also has its original hand crank handle and mechanism.
* Large water tank, approx. 500L ideal for cruising.
* Fully equipped with 12v fridge and freezer (new 2017), gas oven and grill, 4-ring gas hob. Also comes with all furniture.
* Features include riveted steel hull construction, brass portholes, two side hatches, roof lights, belfast-style sink, solid timber flooring and hanging points for a hammock.
* After five years of continuously cruising and living aboard Cambourne, I am selling due to relocation. Cambourne is a very special, characterful and well-maintained boat that turns lots of heads, starts fascinating conversations and would make a wonderful floating home for a new keeper.
* Currently moored in West London, but delivery to elsewhere in the London and Greater London area possible.
|Builder:||Harland and Wolff|
|Make:||Harland & Wolff|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||Lister HR2|
|Length over all:||21.64m|