River Avon Bristol UK|
A cleverly designed and beautifully finished 55’ x 10' widebeam fully kitted out for liveaboard or leisure cruising. We are the fourth careful owners so far with a semi-permanent riverside mooring on the River Avon between Bristol and Bath.
Built by Liverpool Boats in 2005, the Northern Star has been blackened every 2 years since new (most recently in July 2019) with 6 new anodes fitted in 2017. The boat has a full service history and record of work, plus Boat Safety Certificate to 2022.
The Northern Star comes with everything needed for continuous cruising or shore-based living:
- Isuzu 55 engine with full service history
- Solar panels and shoreline with 2.5kW Inverter/Charger – enough for our washing machine, hoover, hairdryer.
- Large water storage (600 litre in-hull tank & 400 litre under-bed tank added in 2013)
- Central heating and hot water system (Hurricane Webasto) with automatic timer & radiators throughout boat
- Solid-fuel stove suitable for wood or coal
- Cassette toilet with 4 spare cassettes
- LED ceiling lights throughout (whole boat uses less than 20 watts)
- 3kW Travel Pack engine-mounted generator and 2.6kW LPG generator
- 240V power throughout the boat
- Security upgrades in January 2018 including new lock system and alarm fitted
The interior boasts beautiful craftsmanship and well considered layout for comfortable living:
- Oak panelling (not veneer) throughout - fitted by master boat builder, Ian Davies. Outstanding craftsmanship (including hidden fold down ironing board!)
- Bedroom with plenty of fitted storage and space for super king-size bed
- Spacious sitting room with double sofa-bed, multi-fuel stove and TV cupboard
- Fully fitted kitchen with gas hob, grill, oven and 12v fridge/freezer
- Dining room with space to seat 6 people which opens up onto the back deck
- Good sized shower room with cassette toilet and washing machine
The boat is currently on a quiet liveaboard riverside mooring with mains electricity and Marina facilities (water, waste disposal, fuel delivery, post-room, showers, laundry, secure parking, resident otters and regular socials) for 9 months a year rolling arrangement from September-May annually. The marina is an easy commute from Bath or Bristol, with views of the Cotswolds to the north and walking distance from bus stops, local shops and a choice of good pubs.
We then enjoy cruising for 3 months in the summer, making the most of wild swimming spots and a change of scenery at the beautiful moorings in and around Bath and Bristol. There is potential to transfer this arrangement to new owners, please inquire when viewing.
The personal bit:
‘Northie’ has been our wonderful home of 3 ½ years, we spent 2 years continuous cruising in London before moving to the West country and are reluctantly selling to relocate to the Scottish Highlands. She has been a truly reliable boat and comfortable home who has given us many happy adventures. She comes with a comprehensive manual and we are happy to answer any questions.
|Vessel type:||Widebeam canal boat|
|Fit Out:||Ian Davies|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Length over all:||55'|
|Water capacity:||1000 Gallons|
The Northern Star has a brilliantly designed layout which blends open-plan with distinct living areas and plenty of storage. It has been perfect as a couple who often both work from home and need our own space. The interior is an amazing piece of craftsmanship and has been carefully maintained.
Starting outside from stern:
• Large cruiser stern with gas lockers and folding table for alfresco dining.
• Entrance through steel hatch into open plan dining area with fitted under-stair storage and cupboards (potential to convert back to second bedroom)
• L-shaped fitted kitchen with gas oven, 4-ring hob and 12v fridge/freezer.
• Adjacent shower room with washing machine.
• Study area.
• Living room with multi-fuel stove and fitted cupboard with TV ariel/power sockets.
• Door into bedroom with fitted storage (wardrobe, drawers and cupboards) and space for super king size bed.
• Double doors open from bedroom to bow deck with storage
Reverse-layout cruiser-stern widebeam
Constructed by Liverpool boats
Hull blacked with bitumen every 2 years since new, most recently in July 2019
10 anodes total: Forward and aft anodes plus 3 additional anodes on each side of base plate (6 new in 2017)
- Victron Power Meter
- 2.5kW Inverter/Charger – enough for our washing machine, hoover, hairdryer.
- 3kW Travel Pack engine-mounted generator
- 2.6kW LPG (or Petrol) generator
- Hurricane central heating and hot water system with automatic timer & radiators throughout boat
- Cassette toilet with 4 spare cassettes
- 600 Watt Solar system (fitted 2013) & 440Ah leisure batteries (new in 2017)
Izusu 55 with full service record
New starter battery May 2019
Fire extinguishers and safety blanket
Carbon monoxide alarms