This Tradewind 35 is a robust and well proven design that has gained a cult following with those looking for a traditional style blue water cruising boat. The classic heavy displacement hull, long keel, full depth rudder, practical flush foredeck and deep well protected cockpit combine to create a safe easily controlled short handed cruiser. Examples can be found cruising in all corners of the globe with many being home to long term live a boards having completed multiple world circuits.
Tutti Boni is a fine example, one of the last built professionally. Commissioned to the specifications of her original owner she has an interior constructed to an exceptional standard from Teak veneers plywood. She is offered with a full inventory ready to launch and sail away.
Designed by Navel architect John Rock
LOA: 35ft 0in
LWL: 25ft 82in
Beam: 10ft 5in
Draft: 5ft 6in
Displacement: 8.84 tons approx.
Ballast: 3.7 tons approx.
Fuel capacity: 151 Litres in Stainless Steel Tank
Water capacity: 284 litres, split between 2 coated GRP tanks, with a pressurised system and manual back up.
Small Holding in plastic
The Tradewind hulls and decks were all moulded in the UK by Blondecell Marine. Various builders bought the mouldings and finished them off, fitting out the interior and deck. Tutti Boni was built by Cambrian Cruisers Ltd .
Single piece heavy weight, hand consolidated GRP moulding.
Full length encapsulated ballast keel.
Full depth solid GRP rudder.
Moulded raised sheer strake.
Panama fairleads port and starboard forward.
Hull finished below the waterline with red antifouling.
Topsides finished in original off-white gelcoat with blue boot topping.
Single piece heavy weight, hand consolidated GRP moulding, deck superstructure and cockpit.
Moulded toerail upstand with teak capping rail.
Small coach roof superstructure aft leaving decks largely flush forward.
Treadmaster panel finish to decks.
Teak grabrails on coachroof.
Moulded cockpit coaming with teak capping.
Cockpit seating and bridge deck finished in laid teak deck panels.
Cockpit sole finished with teak grating.
Finished in gelcoat with treadmaster style non-slip paneling and oiled capping rail with substantial guardwires the boat has a very purposeful appearance.
Moulded toerail with teak capping.
Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit rails. Stainless steel stanchions supporting stainless steel guard wires running the length of the boat.
Stout double stemhead roller.
Panama fairleads port and starboard.
6 alloy mooring cleats.
Deep well protected cockpit with teak capped moulding coamings.
Primary and secondary winches mounted on coaming top.
Bench seating on port and starboard sides of cockpit finished in teak laid decking panels.
Pedestal mounted wheel at aft end of cockpit.
Mainsheet traversing boat immediately forward of Sprayhood.
Port and starboard cockpit lockers with additional lazarette locker under aft deck.
Perkins Paranha M29 (29 hp). Serviced annually
3 blade Bronze fixed propeller .
Fresh water cooled.
Various Engine Spare available including gaskets and filters
Major Service 2015 with new water pump, thermostat, and glow plugs all replaced.
12 volt System with 3 batteries all 95 amp and replaced 2015.
Charging via high output Balmar Alternator
240v Shore power with lead.
Pressurised hot and cold water to Galley and heads
Manaul pumped to Galley as well.
Water heated by Colorifier and 240v Immersion heater.
Spars and Rigging
Masthead Cutter Rig in aluminium (Sailspar) with 1/19 stainless steel standing rigging (Cap Shrouds replaced 2015).
Aluminium boom with 3 slab reefing for Mainsail.
Marlow Braid and Dyneema mix running rigging.
Headsail roller reefing.
Furling staysail/yankee by Schaefer
Mainsail Full Battened by Chris Skanes - 2002
Yankee by Hyde Sails - 2014
Staysail by Chris Skanes - 2002
Original Yankee Chris Skanes - 2002 - Still working condition
Light Airs Spinnaker
Storm Jib new 2012
With the the Tradewind 35's being predominately sold in kit form the quality of finish and layout can vary. Tutti Boni was professionally fitted out and has one of the best interiors we have seen in the class. The quality of fit out throughout the interior is good with all joinery constructed in a traditional fashion from veneers.
Heating air blown Eberspacher (serviced 2015)
Dark red Upholstery
- Generous single berth port with an infill section dropping in to create a very good sized double berth. With the infill section not in place a small seat is provided to starboard beneath. Lockers are provided overhead forward with a dresser unit to starboard at the aft end of the cabin. A door separates the forepeak from the rest of the boat.
- Located to port the heads compartment is finished in a single piece white GRP moulding with varnished timber trims and locker doors finishing the traditional look. The heads compartment is appointed with sea toilet, basin, pressurissed hot and cold faucet also serving as a shower head. Storage is provided with lockers under the sink and outboard.
- Stepped down into the hull from the elevated galley and nav station. Laid out in a traditional manner bench style seating is provided along port and starboard sides of the saloon with a drop leaf table centrally mounted with integral drinks cabinet and cutlery draw., passage forward is made along the starboard side. Both bench settees convert to create well sized single berths. Storage is provided with an impressively constructed storage unit overhead port and starboard seating.
- Located to starboard of the companionway Large forward facing chart table and forward facing navigators seat. Chart storage and bosuns drawers are provided within the chart table while additional lockers are provided aft of the seat. Ships switch panel, VHF and plotter display are all easily to hand for the navigator.
- Compact for a boat of this length however ideally proportioned for use in a seaway. Appointed with Smev 2 bunrner oven and grill gas cooker, top loading isothem 12 volt fridge, and twin sinks. Provided storage has been obviously designed for use at sea with sensible fiddles on shelves and doors for each locker.
Every available space has been use to the max to create either large or bespoke storage. There is a a total of 34 locker with large areas or shelves.
Navigation and Electronics
Plastimo Bulkhead Compass
Raymarine ST60 Log and Speed,
Raymarine ST60 Echo Sounder
Raymarine ST60 Wind Instrument
Garmin 550 Chartplotter (2008)
Back up GPS Raytheon 100/300
Furuno Radar (2008)
Icom ICM 505 DSC VHF
Standard Horizon HX3006 Handheld VHF
Naxtex (not connected)
1 x 20kg Rocna anchor with 60m chain and 40m warp.
1 x CQR 45lbs with Kedge warp reel line.
Lofrans Tigris Electric Windlass.
10 warps and 8 fenders. plus two inflatable fenders
2 Boat hooks.
4 Man Dinghy
Hydrovane Wind Vane Model VXA21 with stubby vane
Bilge Pumps manual and electric
3 x Fire extinguishers (not in date)
Gas Detector fitted 2007
Danbouy and Lifesling
Plastimo 4 Man Life raft (next service 2023)
Jordan Series Drogue with aft chainplate for easy stern deployment.(never used)
Easy Lift Hoist.
Cockpit Cover for winter storage.
- Manual bilge pump
- Electric head
- Genoa - as a Yankee
- Electric bilge pump
- Fully battened mainsail
- Swimming ladder
- Cd player
- Storm jib
- Wind speed and direction
- Hot water
- Shore power inlet
- Gangway - Passarelle
- Teak cockpit
- Furling genoa - Staysail
- Log speedometer
- Spray hood - and binacle and windlass cover
- Steering wheel
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.